Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

I am celebrating our sorting out our nanny situation! As many of you know, we have had quite the struggle in finding capable, reliable people to care for our most precious gift, Miss Haley. Fingers crossed, this is the week we have it all resolved. First, I must thank my amazing mother who has given up significant Huntington time to help us while Chris and I were figuring everything out. She has been fantastic and is just the best GramGram to Haley! She loves her so much and I don't know what we would have done without her.

Haley and GramGram

I should also add a quick thanks to my fantastic, talented and all around wonderful Godmother, Aunt Jean, who has also taken time to fill in for us! She is expecting her 3rd grandchild in December and credited babysitting Haley to "brushing up" on her baby watching skills! We'll let her practice anytime!

My Godmother/Aunt Jean, Haley & my mom on our 1st trip out of the house 5 days after she was born

Haley & Great Aunt Jean on 4th of July weekend

Next, the fantastic Julie Davies!!!! What amazingly lucky people Chris and I are to have sudo-married into the Davies family. Julie is Lane's mother-in-law and when we had our first nanny crisis, she volunteered to take a day! An entire day once a week and Haley isn't even her grandchild. I quickly accepted her offer, of course! Miss Haley receives grades for each day Auntie Julie watches her and so far, we've had nothing but A+ after A+!

Julie(A Team) Davies and Hales

The adorable and highly capable Dawn Davies relieves Julie at noon on Wednesdays. The Davies girls are lifesavers! They love Haley as if she were one of their own! They get A++ in my book.

Dawn & Haley

After our 2nd nanny quit to work at Tmobile with no notice (after she'd been "sick" with mono for several weeks), Chris and I were nearly at wits end. We had Wednesdays covered, thanks to the Davies girls, but had no one to watch Haley for my other 2 work days. We interviewed a few college girls, but they didn't seem up to the commitment we were looking for. On a whim and a prayer, I asked my next door neighbor, Sharon, to consider taking those days. She readily accepted and wanted to do it just to be a good neighbor. Chris and I insisted on making donations to Lexie's (their adorable daughter) college fund. This Monday, before the 1st day I was to leave Haley with her, I took over some essentials. Sharon showed me the room Lexie had set up for Haley. She had brought out all her old baby toys and books, spread blankets on the floor and set up a diaper station! I couldn't believe it! I was nervous Haley wouldn't be on her best behavior (we'd had a few hysterical crying situations with a fill-in nanny). I shouldn't have been concerned. I went home for lunch and stopped in at Sharon's to take Haley for an hour. Our little angel was curled up asleep on Sharon's chest, as happy as could be.

Our fantastic neighbor Sharon and Haley

We are so blessed to have such wonderful women in Haley's life. I'm thrilled to be back at work, part-time. It seems like the perfect balance for me. So, thank you, thank you, thank you to all of our lovely ladies that care for Haley. You have made all the difference in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment