Thursday, April 15, 2010

Confirmation of Life and Faith

I love my family. The last couple of weeks have brought grief, sorrow, tears, laughter, joy and comfort. Through it all my family – cousins, uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, grandparent, sister and parents – have been amazing. Not many families can boast the family bond we have. When my uncle died the house was filled with family in a matter of hours. Neighbors stopping by to pay their respects seemed startled and I heard more than once “Oh, I’m so glad your family is here, I thought you’d be alone.” My Uncle Dave’s funeral was held last Thursday and many spoke of the great, kind, funny and loving man he was. I found great comfort and joy in joining together as family and remembering…affirming life – here and in Heaven.

I must also blog a huge thank you to Julie and Kip Davies who were so incredibly amazing in setting, organizing, directing and cleaning up after the reception at the compound. They are AMAZING people and we are so lucky to have them in our family.

Here are a few pics of Haley from that day...



Mommies and Babes met at the Prosperi Home last Friday. The babes are just getting more and more adorable!





Afterwards, Chris and I took Haley on her first trip to the zoo. We had such a ball!








Easter weekend brought joyful light to our lives. Christopher was confirmed during Easter Vigil Mass. Christopher Louis Henry Comstock! The church was beyond packed, people crowding the entrances.
Chris and his really hot sponsor!


The grandmas with an uncooperative Haley


Our favorite priest Father Bill
Kathleen and Mike made the trip down to witness the event and we spent a fantastic couple of days just visiting with them. Always incredibly generous, they gifted Chris, Haley and I Easter baskets. Haley’s had a hopping, signing bunny that she can’t get enough of!
Our Easter day tradition is always to celebrate at the Conway Compound. We had 70 people this year (65 of which I am directly related to) and it was quite a celebration. The egg hunt seemed unhindered by the brief rain storm (though Miss Haley napped right through it).







Chris and the Fresno Rugby club have a big game this weekend vs. Santa Rosa. FRC is definitely going to playoffs and Chris has been spending an inordinate amount of time planning the trips involved. Sighhhh…I am so looking forward to not being the first lady of the club next year! I am very excited for the club and hope there will be a national championship in their future!

Love the Ashwood Construction logo advertized so well on rugby backsides!

yes, that's Chris




Oh, a happy, happy birthday to my hubbie!  We'll post pics on that next time!

As always, life is hectic at the Comstocks and I look forward to reporting. Until next time -

No comments:

Post a Comment